Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 Summer Reading List


Again and again I find myself pondering over the little dramatic moment of this morning after a two hour statistics examination, I could have entirely avoided the situation but I didn’t and now I am finding it hard to savor the bitter swill of regret. Discussing the situation is something that I will love to shun if possible but I can’t like other past instances. The process of reconciliation and the dishing out of blame is the painstakingly nature of it all that I don’t like, but somehow we’ll find a common ground to resolve it (I’m sorry).

I just came back inside from jogging and to my utmost surprise, my mentor (Carolyn Hoey) was inside the living room with my mother and sister; she brought the books that she ordered for my summer reading and I can’t even express how ecstatic I am right now. It is becoming her yearly ritual and these new books will increase my book tally to seven hundred and twenty-five. Yippee!

Below is the list of books and you guys should share yours if you have plans of reading during the summer:

  1. Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen
  2. Miles from Nowhere – Nami Mun
  3. Stuck (Why We Can’t (or Won’t) Move On – Anneli Rufus
  4. The Art of Power – Thich Nhat Hanh
  5. Hector and The Search For Happiness – Fran├žois LeLord
  6. The No Asshole Rule – Robert I. Sutton
  7. Be Yourself (How to Relax and Take Control of Your Life) – Lynda Field
  8. Take Time for Your Life – Cheryl Richardson
  9. Ask Again Later – Jill A. Davis
  10. One Day – David Nicholls
  11. Home Fires - Margaret Maron
  12. Work As A Spiritual Practice – Lewis Richmond
  13. A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini
  14. Long Walk To Freedom (The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela)
  15. A People’s History of The United States – Howard Zinn

4 comments:

Myne Whitman said...

I've read Water for Elephants, One day and A thousand Splendid Suns, they're great.

'Biodun said...

Thanks Myne for assuring me that those two books will be worth reading.

The Young Radicals said...

i should be on my archie comic grind this summer, ^_^...so kudos to you for having this much to read.

'Biodun said...

Nice! And you shouldn't forget to read "Dreams from My Father" :p