Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christy Essien Igbokwe



Its a sad day in Nigerian music world. Christy Essien Igbokwe, the lady of songs has passed away. I grew up in Nigeria, so her songs (especially seun rere) where part of my childhood memories.  I don't speak a word of Yoruba but i know every line to her famous songs. Many years have passed and i still have her song on repeat on my iPod - Very nostalgic, timeless and classic. There was something so comforting about her voice, it sort of feels like home, like being embraced and advised my your mother. She really was a rare gem and beautiful part of Nigerian evergreen Music history. Although she recently passed at the age of 50, i would like to personally thank her for the music, and the memories that still bring tears to my eyes. You rock Christy!!
Rest in Peace









TinyMiyo